Custom Media is an award-winning design, publishing and digital communications agency based in central Tokyo.
We seek a confident, organized and proactive project manager who enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic international environment to join our growing team.
As a project manager at Custom Media, you are responsible for the management of a variety of complex, innovative marketing and creative projects for major foreign and Japanese clients.
Ideal candidate for this position in a fast-growing and dynamic company is a bilingual Japanese graduate with at least three year’s management experience (client facing) and a good knowledge of marketing, advertising, public relations or digital communications.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within the budget and of high standards
- Mentor, manage and motivate a team of project coordinators
- Submit weekly Project Status Reports
- Understand and apply global best practices in project management
- Strive constantly to improve delivery practices, processes and procedures
- Manage clients, business partners, vendors and suppliers to ensure the best outcome for clients and the company
- Define/agree scope of work internally and with clients and ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risk
- Track and report financial status of project against estimate; escalate/resolve financial issues as they happen
- Support sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, videos, slide shows, etc.
- Help managers by writing reports and analyzing data
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Good communicator: native Japanese; fluent in English with experience working in a multi-national environment
- Responsible and organized: demonstrate ability of prioritizing, allocating and managing multiple projects with sound judgment
- Committed to quality: strong attention to detail and constantly driven to improve
- Ability to work under pressure: self-motivated, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity, and an objective-focused and positive approach
- Enthusiastic team player: eager to provide insight and receive feedback
- Minimum 3-years of experience managing multi-disciplined delivery within an agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions
Optional (but very useful)
- Experience in translation (J→E, E→J)
- Experience in copywriting and editing (Japanese)
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Knowledge and experience in digital marketing
- Salary negotiable, based on experience
- Professional on-the-job training
- Full exposure to all aspects of our business
- Complete set of business skills
- Friendly, comfortable work environment
- Transport allowance
- Paid vacations
Please apply with a cover letter to email@example.com explaining what about this position appeals to you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No telephone calls please.