Custom Media is an award-winning integrated digital marketing agency based in central Tokyo.
We are looking for a creative, proactive and experienced UX engineer who enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic design environment.
The applicant will work with a team responsible for developing HTML and JS from design files, managing and improving the overall experience of our clients’ websites, work on ongoing and future web development projects and web-related applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Native-level or business-level Japanese
- Conversational-level English
- Wide knowledge in user experience, micro animations, and accessibility
- Ability to develop pixel-perfect HTML
- Ability to develop HTML without front-end frameworks (no React, Vue, etc)
- Ability to develop with simple JS without frameworks
- Proficient understanding of CSS
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Experience with Adobe design products, Sketch, or Figma
- Ability to work on English and Japanese websites
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Attractive salary negotiable based on experience
- Professional career and life coaching, training, mentoring
- Generous company share appreciation rights scheme
- Full exposure to all aspects of our business
- Network of established professionals and senior leaders
- Friendly, comfortable environment at the new Cambridge Innovation Center Tokyo
- Transport allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Paid vacations
- Social insurance and benefits
- 9:30am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday
- Work from home and / or office flexibility
We are only accepting applicants who are currently living in Japan.
Please apply with your CV and brief cover letter to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No telephone calls please.